Thursday, March 4, 2010

Discoveries on National Grammar Day -- March 4, 2010

Better late than never, I end my celebration of today, March 4th, National Grammar Day, with this post.  Yes, that's right, National Grammar Day, established in 2008 by Martha Brockenbrough, founder of the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar (SPOGG).  The twitterstream for this year's #GrammarDay, led by @GrammarGirl, has been fierce.


Today I discovered:

►  An accordian polka playing pickle gots some mean grammar licks, including one from Deep Purple's most famous classic rock tune at 1:15.

►  There's actually an official website for competitive sentence diagramming.  Woot. 

►  There are lots and lots of other people nutty about grammar.

► Bad grammar makes those people [sic].

►  This is what an abstract noun is not (PG-rated). --and--

► I wish I had seen Victor Borge while he was still with us.  Enjoy his classic Phonetic Punctuation: 


It must be my predilection for insurance coverage that causes me to be this way.  Can't wait for next March 4th.

No comments: