Monday, June 15, 2009

Internet Explorer Page Display Problems -- Resolved

Last week I sent a Feedblitz email to subscribers advising them that I was aware some were receiving an "Operation Aborted" error message when trying to open individual blog posts in Internet Explorer through the "read the whole entry" link in the weekly Feedblitz emails.

It wasn't Feedblitz' email format that was the problem.  It was Microsoft's Internet Explorer.  Again.  I'm not sure what changed over the past month -- since the error was being reported from Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7 -- but I was able to resolve it by changing the comments format in the blog's settings from "Embedded below post" to "Full page".  More info on that fix for blogger.com blogs and another is here.

Microsoft also offers some suggestions for fixing page rendering problems here, the primary suggestion, of course, being to upgrade to IE8.  Thanks but no thanks.  I'll stick to Firefox.  

If any of you ever receive any error messages while on the blog, please let me know.  

No comments: