- sign on to LinkedIn;
- scroll over your name in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and click "Settings";
- re-enter your LinkedIn sign-in information if necessary;
- scroll down to "Privacy Settings" on the right side of the page and click "Profile Views";
- select the radio button for how LinkedIn users will see you when you look at their profiles -- from your name and headline (most transparent), to anonymous profile characteristics (less transparent), to completely invisible;
- click "Save Changes" and you're done.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Do You Want to Be Invisible?
Those of you who have attended one of my social network investigations presentations would know this, but if you do NOT want people whose profiles you view on LinkedIn to know you've done so, follow these steps: